Roller skating is the perfect blend of fitness and fun. Contrary to what is depicted in the movies where people just stroll along the sidewalks near the beaches, roller skating does not require you to have a house near the beach or coast. It can be done anywhere you feel like, even in your neighborhood and this is the best part about it. Skating is one of those activities which allows you to have fun along with keeping you fit.
Talking about roller skates as a means to achieve fitness, how can we forget talking about inline skates which are a type of roller skates used for the purpose of inline skating. Inline skating is an arrangement of 2 to 5 wheels made of polyurethane in a single line which ensure better movement. Inline skates are typically made of metal or plastic and due to flexibility in designing, can be modified to suit various disciplines.
Are you also tired of the boring claustrophobic workout in the gym? If yes, then using inline skates for fitness is the best benefit for you although these can be used for a variety of other purpose too. Fitness as a routine, is most of the times misinterpreted by people thinking it to be confined to four walls of a room crammed up with equipments. People usually think that one can achieve a perfectly chiseled body only by running on treadmills, or lifting heavy dumbbells or doing exhaustive sessions. But thanks to inline skating that this notion of the people is completely proved wrong as by means of this sport, you can easily attain a healthy body that too, by just strolling around in open air.
Inline skating for fitness can be used by an individual to achieve the following health benefits:
- Get set go! – A very important element to stay fit is to burn the calories. Most of the health enthusiasts are too conscious when it comes to intake or burning of calories. Keeping track of calories consumed everyday and then burning the excess of calories accordingly is the routine of such people. Inline skating is a great fitness activity which helps you to burn calories. Apart from that, just 30 minutes of skating session is enough to balance your cheat day diets!
- No pain workout – One of the greatest benefits of inline skating is the minimal exertion and pain related to the session. Inline skating is highly preferred by people who would want to workout without giving any significant impact to your knees or ankles or back. This particular form of workout is suitable for people who would like to try something interesting in their regular monotonous schedule. If due to some medical issues, a person is not able to run then inline skating is the right solution for burning the calories without taking maximum pains.
- Optimum cardiovascular workout – Most of the people prefer cardiovascular workout as a means to achieve a healthy body. But as stated earlier, cardio workout can be tiring and there are chances that you might end up hurting yourself. Inline skating helps you to reap the benefits of cardio without ending up feeling fatigued. By means of inline skating, one can burn the calories which are equal to the calories burnt in a cardio workout.
- Maintaining the Balance – Another major benefit of skating is that it requires sufficient amount of balance to roll on the skates. So, you have to practice a lot before you reach perfection in the skill. Thus, everyone practicing the sport eventually develops a high level of balance and brings about coordination in the functioning of the body. In order to practice skating, one needs to practice on each foot separately. Regular training and practice results in proper balance and stability.
- Muscle building – In addition to the workout and fitness, inline skating helps you to build the muscle. An individual who would want to burn fat and not muscle, can make use of inline skating which has proved to be more beneficial than cycling and running. Skating helps you develop hamstring muscle which helps you preserve knees and joints. The effectiveness of skating for muscle building has been proved by many of the studies. In the process of inline skating, your arms and shoulders are highly affected.
- Mental Fitness – An important aspect of fitness is fitness of mind which most of the people overlook most of the times. It is very important to stay fit both physically and mentally. Inline skating for fitness can be really beneficial for maintaining a stable state of mind, something that is not possible when you are working out in the gym. A little of adrenaline rush is something that is needed by everyone for maintaining a happy and healthy mind. It does not matter as to which style of skating you are following, it will definitely yield good results in future.
Inline skates for fitness are a really great tool for achieving the perfect combination of fitness with fun. The skates developed these days are equipped quality features which will not only boost your ride but are also equipped with latest features including big wheels, modern mounting technology, comfortable pads, highly secured brakes which makes them highly reliable and fun training skates. Regular training not only burns a high number of calories but also helps you develop a toned muscle. The faster a person skates, the more calories will he be able to burn.
Thus, it is a good idea to try inline skating for the purpose of getting flat abs, muscle and body strength, fitter body and embrace positivity in life. As far as inline skating is concerned, you have the option of choosing from various disciplines which are all created to suit various body types. These include aggressive inline, freestyle skating, speed skating and a variety of other options to choose from.
Inline skates for fitness are highly recommended for people who wish to maintain health without spending much of their wealth.